27-05-2009

Sol Maté

Price: €1,75
Contains: 0,3L

This energy drink I bought at an Asian shop in Rotterdam (sounds wierd, Asian shop in Rotterdam...) for €1,75, which makes it the cheapest organic energy drink I've bought so far.
The bottle is surprising in more than one way. First of all it's material, it is made out of glass, which is pretty rare, because most bottles containing softdrinks are made out of plastic here in Europe. Second thing is its shape, a thin but tall bottle. Third thing is that the shopkeeper told me it's for Africa, where they drink this energy drink like we, western people, drink coffee. But the text on the bottle says it is imported from Switzerland.
The drink itself has the well-known caramel colour. It is well carbonated, a little too much in my opinion. It has a real organic taste, like the Steaz green tea drink. It's a pretty strong taste, stonger as the Climax herbal power drink.
What's in it? Let's see: 60 milligrams of natural caffeine (20mg/100ml), 6 milligrams of theobromine (2mg/100ml) and antioxidants. So what do I miss here? The taurine for example. I think it's not a real energy drink, but more a soda drink like Coca Cola or something.