26-09-2009

Speedway Light

Price: €0.36
Contains: 0.25L

Having to taste this drink sends shivers down my spine.
Why? Well, we already voted Highway Light as the most disgusting energy drink ever.
This is just a drink that's supposed to replace it to clear their name.
I had the regular variant of Speedway yesterday and (as you can read from that review) I wasn't very pleased with the taste.
Well, here goes nothing.

Packaging:
Same issue as with the regular variant; the can looks excactly like its predecessor, except for the name and the used font.
I still think that these cans have 'childish' plastered all over them, and I'll recommend Speedway to make a better design that really catches the eye and is considered 'cool'.
There are a lot of possibilities when you're using cars as your main theme, but Speedway chose the wrong way.

Slogan:
No slogan, that's fine with me.
As I mentioned in the previous review (about the regular Speedway drink), I don't have hard feelings about the low-budget or store brand drinks not having a slogan.

Taste:
As mentioned in the little intro, this was the aspect I feared the most.
The smell and looks were all the same, so nothing special here.
The taste is worse than the taste of its predecessor.
Only now I don't suspect dirt being a secret ingredient, this time I swear I can taste something like turpentine.
Not that I ever tasted turpentine, but I can imagine the taste by smelling it, and I think now I know what it would taste like (mixed with a little bit of energy)...

Kick:
No kick at all.
I was positive about the kick on the regular Speedway one, but this is a true disappointment.

Price/Quality Ratio:
36 cents?! I want my money back!
The P/Q is just bad, 36 cents might not seem much, but the drink somehow manages not to match up to its price.