22-08-2009

Rockstar Punched Apple

Price: €1.50 or €1.75
Contains: 0.5L

I picked this one up at a gas station when I was on a trip to the other side of the country.
Because I probably won't have the chance to visit that gas station again, I bought two of them immeadiately, and later on four extra on a market as a little provision.

Packaging:
Like all Rockstar drinks in this country this can comes in a 0.5L can.
It uses the attractive aluminum tread plating template, which has been used on all the Rockstar cans we know of, except for the regular variant.
This time the can has a nice shade of green, which of course corresponds with the fact that this drink contains apple.

Slogan:
I've heard that the true slogan is 'Party like a rockstar'.
Too bad I can't find it anywhere on my can.
All I can find is: 'Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles' and 'Apple, 10% juice', but I will not count those as a slogan.
I assume that 'Party like a rockstar' really is the true slogan, and I quite like it.

Taste:
Although the can claims that it only contains 10% apple juice, the drink has the same smell and color.
The only difference in looks between Rockstar Punched Apple and true apple juice that I can mention will be the fact that there are some bubbles present.
Not only does the drink LOOK like apple juice, the taste is almost the same as well.
It's hard to believe that this drink only contains 10% juice, since it tastes just like apple juice, though more sour and carbonated.
Well, that really isn't a bad thing, i mean, the drink still has a great taste all over it.
True Rockstar quality, I love it.

Kick:
Rockstar Punched Apple not only has a true Rockstar quality flavor, the kick is true quality as well.
Though the kick was not as big as the kick that the original gave me, a kick is still a kick.
The buzz was decent one, that's for sure.

Price/Quality Ratio:
I paid €1.50 for this drink at a market and €1.75 at a gass station.
That makes this drink a little more expensive than the Rockstars, but it's normal that you pay some extra at gass stations, so I'm sure that this drink would have costed €1.39 if it was sold in a normal supermarket.
That being said, the price quality ratio is about the same as with the other Rockstars.
The price might seem a little high, but with Rockstar you get true quality.