17-10-2009

Mountain Dew Game Fuel - Alliance Edition

Price: €2.00
Contains: 0.33L

I bumped into this can when I was scanning Vlissingen for the Monster Nitrous cans and potential other cans for my collection.
I was delighted when I just found this drink but less delighted about its price: €2,-
I don't play WOW, but as a can collector (yes, I also collect 'normal' cans besided energy drinks), I couldn't resist taking both this one and the Horde Edition home with me.

Packaging:
This drink comes in the commonly sized soda can.
The can is all within
the theme of the popular MMORPG World Of Warcraft.
On the one side there's some text; it has the Mtn
Dew writing on it and the World Of Warcraft logo on the top.
The other side displays an female Alliance character, from which I've told it's a Night Elf.
The most dominant color is a nice, dark shade blue.
I really like the can for this one; Mountain Dew did a great job designing the Game Fuel cans.

Taste:
I cracked open this can and then poured it into the glass.
The drink itself is colored blue (not very surprising) and there isn't rea
lly a prominent smell, only some hints of fruits.
The can claims that the drink is 'Dew with a punch of Wild Fruit flavor', well let's see.
The drink is not very special, but then again, it's not bad at all.
If I could take a guess... Hmm... 7Up with a fruity touch?

Price/Quality Ratio:
I bought this drink for 2 euro's, which is a little pricey in my opinion.
But there's a reason why it was so expensive; you see, I didn't buy this drink at a genuine supermarket or something, I bought it from a lady that had her own shop.
She had to drive across the country to pick them up, and it's logical that she wants to make some profit.