08-09-2009

The Liquid Power Energy Drink Original

Price: €0.70
Contains: 0.25L

A friend of the little brother of a friend of mine (confusing, right?) went to Italy and found this can.
I really wasn't that excited to try it, but it has to be reviewed because it's that kind of opportunity you'll only
get once...

Packaging:
The can isn't one that really stands out in the supermarket or in your collection.
It's yet another silver colored 0.25L can.
As you can see from the picture there are some purple areas on the top and the bottom.
In the center there's the logo, which is basically the name of the drink written in a capitalised italic font.
The true eyecatcher of the logo (and the can) is the dynamically shaped W, from which the shape reminds me of a lightningbolt or, more specifically: an amplitude on a heart monitor.
I think that's a link to effect the drink is supposed to give you: either a kick or heart failure when you're having too much.
I think the can is certainly not ugly; but it's also a bit unimaginative.

Slogan:
Sadly, I can't really remember the slogan on this can, I don't have the can with me right now and I forgot to write it down, therefore I can't recall it in detail
But from what I can remember, it seemed to be an Italian version of the text shown on the Red Bull cans: 'Stimulates body and mind.'

Taste:
Speaking of Red Bull, the smell and looks are exactly the same (again), making me not very excited...
But since this isn't the first time I deal with this, I should know better.
A drink may look or smell like Red Bull, but the taste can still be slightly different.
However, I'm dying to see a different color again instead of that standard caramel color.
Just try to be different; make it green, purple or maybe you can even pull of a rainbow effect, just give it a try.
But enough whining about the appearance, let's taste it!
Well, I cant really say that it was that special.
You'll notice a slight carbonation in the beginning, but it'll weaken very quickly.
I must say that it's not that bad, no nasty aftertaste, no suspicion of dirt as an secret ingredient, so it's fine with me.

Kick:
Is this really an energy drink?
Well, the can claims it is, but it's hard to believe.
The kick is a true thumbs down to me, it's bad, just bad...

Price/Quality Ratio:
Though the 'kick' is not there, the drink does fine as an avarage €0.70 soda.
So yes, I think the price kind of suits the drink, it's decent and not too expensive.