06-08-2009

Rockstar

Price: €1,29 or €1,39, depending on where you get it.
Contains: 0,5L

Rockstar (often typeset as Rockst★r) is one of the bigger brands that we can get in the Netherlands.
I really like the name Rockstar, it really gets to you.
Also I've spotted more Rockstar flavors than I did with Monster, an other big brand (I've spotted 4 Rockstar flavors in The Netherlands already, as opposed to only three Monsters).

Packaging:
This drink comes in a black 0,5L can.
It has a custom top: It's coloured gold with a red lid, which fits in nicely with the overall colour scheme of the can.
The eyecatcher is the Rockstar logo, which is rotated and placed in the lower center of the can.
I really like the combination of gold on black, and it works out nicely on this can.
I'll give four stars for the packaging.

Slogan:
I've heard that the true slogan is 'Party like a rockstar'.
Too bad I can't find it anywhere on my can.
All I can find is: 'Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles' and 'Double Size, Double Kick', but I will not count those as a slogan.
I assume that 'Party like a rockstar' really is the true slogan, and I quite like it.
But since it's not to be found on the can, it'll only get three stars.

Taste:
I poured this one into a glass and I saw that the drink wasn't caramel coloured, so it really is something special, YAY!
The drink had normal shade of yellow, and it had quite some foam on top.
The taste is really good, it a little bitter and has a touch of sweetness, GREAT!
It's not a Red Bull clone for sure, which really made me happy and excited about this brand.
I'll give this drink four stars.

Kick:
I really felt a buzz after drinking this one.
Pretty odd, I'm not used to energy drinks that actually work...
The kick gets four stars!

Price/Quality Ratio:
The drink is really good, but it did cost me my €1,39.
Well, I guess that's what you can expect of a product of a prime brand in energy drinks.
All I can say is that the quality matches up to the price, but the €1,39 is still pretty expensive.
Neutral: three stars.

Recap:
Packaging: ★★★★
Slogan: ★★★
Taste: ★★★★
Kick: ★★★★
Price/Quality Ratio: ★★★

Avarage: ★★★★