23-09-2009

Dark Dog

Price: €1.39 - €1.49
Contains: 250ML

Another drink ordered from a German website. This drink finds its origin in France, but the adress and website on this can are German. This makes it obvious that the company has several websites and factories around the world.

Packaging:
I personally like the can. It's yellow, with red 'Energy' and 'More energy' text, black 'Dark Dog' text and a drawing of something what;s supposed to represent a dog. On the back there is a small graph, which shows the energy you should get from this drink. No matter if it's true, it looks professional.

Slogan:
The slogan on this Dark Dog drink is 'More energy'. Not that original, amd I've seen Dark Dog cans without the slogan as well. So I assume the More Energy isn't Dark Dog's slogan.

Taste:
When I opened this can the guarana smell came out. It's a nice smell that reminded me of the LPG shot. When I wanted to drink some of it from a glass, I noticed the drink was yellow. Not brownish yellow, but like... I don't know, but it looked clear. When I sipped it the guarana taste was there, as expected after the smell. Again, it remembered me of the LPG shot, only thing is that the Dark Dog is weaker in taste, smell and a little weaker in kick.

Kick:
The kick of this drink wasn't that bad-ass, but it was better than just decent. It was a typical guarana-kick. You feel the energy, but there is no need to use it. The only moment I felt this kick before was with the LPG shot.

Price/Quality Ratio:
The P/Q of this drink was decent. The drink itself was great, but the price isn't. About €1,40 for a 250ML can is a little too much in my opinion. This doesn't mean you don't have to try it, because it's worth it, but not as an everyday drink.