08-06-2009

Monster Ripper

Price: €1,19, €1,39 or €1,49 (depends on where you get it)
Contains: 0,5L

Monster Ripper, this is certainly my favorite drink by my favorite energy drink brand.

Packaging:
The can is how we know it from Monster: it's mostly black and the most striking feature is the yellow claw logo.
Underneath that claw logo is the standard 'Monster' writing in white, and more at the bottom 'RIPPER' is written in yellow, with a little scope through the last 'R'.
One thing I noticed that different to the Monster and Monster Lo-Carb cans, is that the can is not entirely black.
It has some subtle grey area's on the front with an iron effect.
I really like the Monster cans, and this one is certainly not an exception.

Slogan:
The slogan for the Ripper is 'The Juice is Loose'.
It fits perfectly in the Monster+Juice theme and I really like it.

Taste:
I poured this one in glass, and I saw the drink was colored yellow.
In fact, it has the exact same color as the claw logo on the front!
The taste of this drink is something special.
It's very unique and pineapple-like.
The drink is subtally carbonated, which really completes it.
The juice is certainly noticeable, and that's what I like the most about this drink.

Kick:

I really got the big bad Monster buzz of this one.
Last time I drank it was when I just came out of bed (yes, that's right; the first thing I do in the morning is drinking energy drinks).
Immedeately I didn't feel sleepy anymore, I was ready to go.
Too bad I didn't have anything to do that required energy that day...

Price/Quality Ratio:
The most common price for this baby is €1,49, that might seem a little expensive, but the drink certainly knows how to live up to its price.
I don't mind paying one and a half euro for this drink, in fact, I think I should do it more often.