19-09-2009

Schwarze Dose 28

Price: €1.75
Contains: 0.25L

A friend of mine found this one at a small store in a town nearby.
Though, it's not prominenly mentioned on the front, the back of the can claims that this is a premium energy drink.

Packaging: The drink comes in a very simple, yet very classy 0.25L can.
It's non-reflective black, and the eyecatcher is the Schwarze Dose 28 golden bird logo.
I admire the company for keeping the can so simple, and I like the way the non-reflective black makes it look classy.

Slogan: 'A day has 28 hours', I don't really get this slogan, and I think their only goal was to fit in the number 28, for it's in the name of the drink.

Taste: When I cracked open this can, a very strong and druity smell entered my nostrils.
From the very start I knew that this drink was going to be something different, and the smell confirmed my first impression.
I poured this drink into a glass and noticed that it had a dark shade of pink.
The taste itself is pretty good.
It's certainly not a Red Bull clone and it has this curious fruity flavor over it that I never tasted before.
I suppose that this must be açaí, because that's what's on the can.
It's a little bit too sour for my taste, but it's certainly not bad at all.
And at least Schwarze Dose is something different, and not your avarage 'main stream' energy drink.

Kick:
I noticed a slight raise of awereness after having this drink.
It's not that big bad buzz like I always get from the Monster drinks, but it's better than the kick most energy drinks provide, which is basically nothing.

Price/Quality Ratio:
I find this drink rather expensive.
I know it's not bad at all, but €1.75 is just rediculous in my opinion.
That price is even higher than the price we pay for the American premium energy drinks (Monster and Rockstar).
I'm sorry, but I can't be very positive about the P/Q Ratio.